Ladies Foundational Handgun Class
This two-day class is designed to help ladies learn to safely handle and fire their handguns to protect themselves and their loved ones. In addition to talking you through the basics of how your handgun operates, how to shoot accurately, and how to deal with malfunctions, we’ll explain the mental and physical conditioning you need to be able to act quickly in a crisis. If you’re ever put into a situation where seconds matter, our goal is to make sure you can draw your handgun from its holster, shoot it safely and accurately, reload it efficiently, and get away safely.
We have a great passion for helping beginners develop the safety skills and confidence necessary to protect themselves. Our instructors will demonstrate each skill and support you every step of the way as you perform drills and become proficient. We also offer a follow-up dryfire (no ammunition in gun) refresher classes for a very nominal fee to all students who take this foundational class. We want to ensure your knowledge and skills are current and that you are as confident as possible.
You will leave this class with a solid base in safety, know how your handgun operates, and be able to hit your target. You will load, unload, and reload your weapon. Our instructors are very well versed in showing you everything you need to know, personalized to your gun and your specific needs.
- Two days
- This 16-hour class runs from 9am-5pm on Saturday and Sunday
- $549.00 (class, plus handgun rental and ammunition)
- $395.00 (class only)
- Costs include range fees
It is the student’s responsibility to check their schedule before enrolling.
Payment is non-refundable/non transferable. No student
substitutions will be accepted.
- Learn to handle the firearm safely
- Learn the fundamentals of marksmanship: proper shooting stance, proper firing grip, sight application, trigger control, and trigger reset
- Shoot at single and multiple targets
- Shoot at multiple distances
- Learn proper firearm handling: loading/unloading/reloading, press checks, draw from holster, malfunction clearance.
- Develop confidence
- No previous experience is necessary
- Participants must have a concealed carry permit, law enforcement or military identification, or a valid State of Alaska background check
- Good attitude
- Minimum 20 years of age (can be discussed on a case-by-case basis)
- Appropriate clothing for the weather, including a ball cap, closed-toe footwear, and ear and eye protection to ensure your safety
- Bring a brown-bag lunch and water
- Completed application for training
- Additional requirements for those bringing their own firearm:
- 9mm semi-automatic handgun or .38 special revolver
- Strong-side, good quality external hip holster, magazine pouch, minimum of three magazines (a double-magazine pouch is preferred)
- At least 250 rounds of ammunition
- Handgun rentals are also available:
- Handgun rental is $30.00 per day
- 250 rounds of ammunition is an additional $124.75
- Must use Alaska Tactical ammunition if renting a handgun
- June 20, 2021
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- July 17, 2021 - July 18, 2021
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
What People Say
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
“The ladies-only defensive handgun was excellent. This was a great way to become familiar with firearm use, safety, and range protocol. All the staff were professional and helpful. A shout-out to Sue who patiently took us through a step-by-step methodical instruction on how to handle our firearm and feel confident… I highly recommend this class to all women.”
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
“I cannot say enough good things about Alaska Tactical. I went there as a novice years ago. Since then I have been a regular customer; have taken many of the various, excellent classes; have referred family and friends; and will continue to be a customer and a student…”
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
“Fantastic group of people. I purchased a firearm and have taken two classes and multiple private lessons. If you’re a beginner, I highly recommend this company.”