This eight-hour class will give you a solid introduction to edged weapons combat. It includes the foundations of strategy, grip, stance, footwork, and movement through a series of drills.
Our instructors will also teach you the best knives to carry, where to carry them, and how to deploy them quickly if they’re ever needed. You’ll also learn how to manage distance in your favor and you’ll role-play several potential scenarios so you can develop strategies you can use in real life.
This class will be hands on and active, but there will be plenty of breaks to rest between drills.
- One day
- This is an 8-hour class that runs a couple of times per year
- Introduction to edged weapons self-defense
- Understand awareness and risk avoidance
- Learn strategies to take control of your safety
- Develop confidence
- No previous experience is necessary
- Good attitude
- Minimum 20 years of age (can be discussed on a case-by-case basis) and in good physical health
- Comfortable clothing and exercise shoes, with no jewelry
- Bring a brown-bag lunch and water
- Completed application for training