This 3 day (24 hours) shotgun course will cover shotgun safety, mechanics, operation and marksmanship.
- -Participants will learn the following:
- -Firearm safety
- -How to zero and pattern their weapon
- -Loading procedures
- -Instruction on malfunction clearances
- -Various firing positions
- -Use of cover and barricades
- -Multiple threat and no-shoot situations
- -Transitions to handgun
Successful completion of the Defensive Handgun Level I is preferred but not mandatory. Students must have either a valid Alaska Concealed Carry Permit, provide current military or law enforcement identification, or have obtained a State of Alaska background check prior to participating in this training.
- -Good attitude.
- -Minimum of 21 years of age.
- -Completed Application for Training.
- -Good Quality Shotgun with a tactical sling*
- -Full size handgun, hip holster, magazines or speed reloaders and ammunition carrier.
- -350 rounds of Birdshot, 75 rounds of 00 buckshot, 50 rounds of slug, 200 pistol rounds
- -Appropriate clothing for weather - Ball cap, closed toe footwear, etc.
- -Safety glasses,hearing protection and knee pads. (Available upon request.)
- * Shotgun rentals available.
- -Shotgun rental fee is $50.00 a day
-Must use Alaska Tactical ammunition if renting a firearm
-Cost of ammunition is not included in shotgun rental fee