Concealed Carry Course
This 2 day concealed carry course covers the 12-hour requirement by the State of Alaska. It concentrates on the laws of Alaska and understanding the legal systems and the areas where the permit holder can and cannot carry the firearm. There is a review of basic marksmanship skills and the proper application when firing a handgun, in addition to the functionality of the double action revolver and the semi-auto pistol systems.
The course will cover the defensive and tactical applications along with the mental conditioning, handling and operational skills needed to manipulate the weapons system. Also covered are the material on less lethal force and the liabilities. At the end of the course there will be a written test with 25 Q&A with both true/false and multiple choice and a live fire qualification the following day.
The qualification is a 36 round drill. Starting from the 3 yard line and continuing from the 7 and 15 yard distances. There is a total possible score of 360 points with a passing score being a minimum of 252 points (70%) and higher.
- Good attitude.
- Minimum Caliber for OUR classes- 9MM semi-auto or .38 special revolver.
- A FULL-size semi-auto handgun or revolver.
- Hip-holster/magazine pouch/magazines or speed reloaders and sturdy belt.
- Nomial 150 rounds of ammo.
- Minimum of 21 years of age.
- Appropriate clothing.
- Ball cap, closed toe footwear, etc.
- Completed Application for Training.
- Safety glasses & hearing protection.**
* Handgun/Ammo rentals available. Alaska Tactical ammunition required.
** Available upon request.
Cost includes fingerprinting, photos and range fees
- Jul 19-20 - Concealed Carry
- Aug 23-24 - Concealed Carry
- Sep 27-28 - Concealed Carry
- Oct 18-19 - Concealed Carry
- Nov 8-9 - Concealed Carry
- Dec 6-7 - Concealed Carry
Application for training